On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at approximately 12:24 pm the Wall Township Police Department and West Belmar Fire Company were dispatched to the West Belmar School for a reported Fire Alarm Activation. Prior to the arrival of Police and Fire Units all students and staff were evacuated from the School to the United Methodist Church located across the street. It was determined that the alarms were set off by the steam from a malfunctioning heater coil located in a boiler room.
Once the Heater Coil was shut down and deemed safe, all Staff and Students returned to the School.
Students were evacuated from the School for approximately 30-40 minutes.
Responding units to the scene included; Wall Township Police Department, West Belmar Fire Company, Wall Township Office of Emergency Management, Wall Township Fire Prevention and Wall Township Building Department..