NOTICE: POSTING OF JOB VACANCY
POSITION: Police Department – P/T Police Communications Officer
This is to advise of a vacancy for the above referenced part-time position in the Township Police Department. A Police Communications Officer is responsible for receiving and transmitting pure and reliable messages, tracking vehicles and equipment, and recording other important information. They receive calls from individuals who need assistance from first responders. Once information is obtained from the caller, dispatchers activate the services necessary to respond to the nature of the call for help. Dispatchers are an integral part of the organization’s success
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interested candidates must possess the ability to perform all duties by the Police Department such as but not limited to:
- Answering all incoming calls, administrative as well as emergency, and soliciting essential information from callers in order to appropriately handle each call.
- Dispatching, coordinating, and monitoring radio communications for Officers, other law enforcement, emergency situations, and/or public safety personnel.
- Monitoring officer status, to include periodic checks on field personnel.
- Accessing information from and disseminating information to local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies via the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
- Receiving and responding to alarms programmed to call this agency.
- Obtaining and providing information needed by field personnel.
Candidates shall possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license. Candidates that possess Basic Telecommunication and 911Officer and Emergency Medical Dispatch certifications are preferred.
Candidates will be required to work 40 hours per month and no more than twenty (28) hours during a seven (7) day work period. The candidate will be required to work shifts around-the-clock during the work period as scheduled. This includes weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Candidates must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
The right candidate is highly motivated, well organized self-directed professional who embraces new challenges and collaborates well with team members, accepts responsibility and sees assignments to completion; exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate will be privy to highly confidential matters and transactions and must display the utmost discretion and professionalism.
Ability to understand and follow complex instructions, manage multiple tasks and work effectively under stress and with interruptions, within deadlines and with change in work priority.
Selected applicants will be dispatching for police, fire and EMS as well as communicating with local, county and state entities
Wall Township Tattoo Policy:
Visible tattoos or similar markings that are visible when wearing short sleeves on the face, head, scalp, neck, and below the elbows are forbidden. For leg tattoos only, applicants with visible tattoos while wearing shorts will be required to cover the leg tattoo(s) if assigned to assignments that require wearing shorts.
The Township reserves the right to reject any and all requests for transfers and to publicly advertise this position.
The Township reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline for submission.