Firearms Applications and Instructions
If you are applying for a Firearms ID Card (F.A.I.D. Card) you will need to complete the below applications:
1) S.T.S. 033 State of New Jersey Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit.
2) S.P. 66 Consent for Mental Health Records Search
3) WTPD FA-1.1 Wall Township Police Firearms Applicant Questionnaire
*Note: This form is voluntary only, and is not required under N.J.A.C Title 13 Chapter 54.
Once you have all the above forms completed, please call for an appointment for application review and processing.
If you have never possessed a FAID Card, you will be required to be fingerprinted and will be given instructions on where to report.
If you possess a FAID card, please bring that with you to your appointment as well as your driver’s license.
Additional and other firearms forms as well as information on N.J.A.C Title 13 Chapter 54 can be found at http://www.njsp.org/info/forms.html
Firearm Permit applicant instructions
- Log onto: njportal.com (www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords) is the site you need.
- Once on the website click on the ON LINE FORM 212A, (a highlighted block located in the lower left side of the page.
- Follow the prompts for demographic and payment information. Payment can be made with a credit or debit card.
- Upon completion of the form you will receive an email confirmation & receipt that will include a confirmation number. IMPORTANT: Print out the confirmation page for your records and return a copy to us by either:
- Fax: 732-974-0053 or EMAIL: LSYBY@wallpolice.org
Note: You will need to provide your SBI # which is located on the front of your FAID Card as well as our agency identifier: NJ0135200
- Once all the above is completed, your request will be forwarded The New Jersey State Police for processing.
- S.T.S. 033 (NJ State Police Firearms application)