Career Information: Part-time EMT
This is to advise the Wall Township Police Department is accepting applications for future vacancies for part-time EMTs. The primary critical function performed by paid EMS staff is the staffing and response on first aid apparatus to mitigate emergency first aid incidents. Paid EMS staff will be responsible for servicing the Township’s first aid needs and assisting the volunteer services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All staff will be required to proficiently perform all EMT-B standards as required by the New Jersey Department of Health. Along with these standards, all paid EMS staff will be required to perform the following:
- Establish open communications and a positive rapport with volunteer first aid services.
- Safely operate all EMS vehicles and equipment adhering to all state and local traffic laws.
- Establish communications with the Wall Township Police Dispatch and provide updates on their status during assignments.
- Assess patient(s) or triage patients and summon the appropriate emergency services needed, i.e. additional BLS, or ALS.
- Prepare a complete report on every assigned call detailing patient information, details of the incident and administered care. Reports will be completed prior to securing from duty
- Establish communications with receiving hospitals and provide hospital personnel with complete patient medical conditions.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Candidates shall possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license, high school diploma or equivalent, New Jersey Department of Health Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)qualified. Three (3) years experience as an EMT. Preferred Prerequisites: EMT-B & C.E.V.O. certified.
Candidates will be required to work forty (40) hours per month and no more than twenty-eight (28) hours during a seven (7) day work period including weekdays, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
The Township reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline for submission.